Presentation of the phytotechnology at RemTech conference, Italy
On September 20-22, 2017 prof. Pidlisnyuk participated in the conference RemTech Europe was organized by the Joint Research Centre JRC, European Commission in Ferrara, Italy. The conference was a part of RemTech Expo – annual fare on the remediation technologies in Europe; the Expo was attended by about 4000 persons.
Prof. Pidlisnyuk delivered report “Phytotechnology with Miscanthusxgiganteus biomass production for sustainable management of military sites” which followed by numerous questions from auditorium and separated meeting with conference’s participants, i.e.
- Mr. Raul Lopez Marquez, business development manager, Grupo Enusa, Madrid, Spain about potential dissemination the phytotechnology to the military sites in Spain and necessity of introduction the phytotechnology to the Ministry of Defense of Spain;
- Mr. Alessandro Murgis, Sardinian Regional Government, Environmental department, Italy about the possibility to use phytotechnology at the old military site in Sardinia which is contaminated by Pb and As;
- Prof. Paolo De Angelis, Universita Tuscia, Department of Forest Environmental and Resources regarding the course “Sustainable management of contaminated sites” was prepared within G4687 for Erasmus program at UJEP and possibility to attend that course by students from Universita Tuscia and their cooperative universities from China.
While at the conference prof. Pidlisnyuk had a discussed meeting with:
- Dr.Ana Paya Perez, Joint Research Centre, European Commission on sharing experience in contaminated sites cleaning;
- Ing. Jorg Frauenstain, Umwelt Bundes Amt- Ministry of the Environment, Germany about potential end-users of phytotechnology in Germany;
- Mr.Mike Mueller, PeroxyChem, business development manager, Soil&groundwater remediation, EMEA, Tirol, Austria regarding the specification of remediation agents used at EMEA;
- Uwe Dannwolf, Managing Director, RiskCom, Kochel am See, Germany about possibility of using spraying technology for the underground soil;
- Dr.Fulvia Chiampo, University Politechnico di Torino, Dipartimento di Scienza Applicata e Tecnologia,Italyabout possible joint cooperation in phytotechnology research;
- Mr.Laurent Bakker, Director International clients, TAUW, Netherland concerning the European network on contaminated sites NICOLE which united firms, consultants and academia and possible membership of G4687 project’s participants in this network.
- Dr.Massimo Zacchini, Institute of agro-environmental and forest biology, Head of the section of Montelibretti regarding the project TECO.